“…to live in harmony and balance in nature you have to find the harmony and balance within your own nature”
Gut healing practices can profoundly change your life…
Research shows that looking after your gut is one of the most important things you can do for your health and wellbeing.
The gut is often one of the leading causes of inflammation in the body leading to issues such as fatigue, depression, anxiety, brain fog, insomnia, acne, hormone imbalances etc.
As nutritional therapists gut health is the first area that we look to improve and, whilst it is most commonly associated with IBS, bloating, digestive issues etc., it also impacts every other system in the body (nervous system, immune system, hormonal health etc.) and is therefore nearly always the best place to start for any health concern and for building resilience.
To have a healthy happy gut working efficiently is not just about what we eat, but also how we move, think and breathe…
Areas of Focus
What are you eating?
Identifying trigger foods as well as any imbalances or deficiencies. It is just important to look at what you are not eating as what you are eating.
How are you eating?
Looking at how you are digesting your food and absorbing vital nutrients. This will all be affected by the health of the gut and many lifestyle factors.
How is your sleep?
The number one priority for every aspect of health and wellbeing.
How do you move your body?
It is important to move your body in some way every day, preferably doing something that you enjoy.
How are you breathing?
The most fundamental need for life affecting every single system in the body, playing a huge role in health and wellbeing.
How do you take care of yourself?
Most people do not allow themselves any time to simply “be” and to deeply rest…the most healing gift you can give yourself.
In person or via Zoom
Nutrition, lifestyle and self-care advice for a holistic approach to optimum health.
- One to One sessions
- Case analysis and health assessment of the health questionnaire that you will be asked to complete prior to your consultation.
- Sessions are personalised around your current health concerns and goals.
- Relevant advice will be given accordingly, such as nutritional therapy, breathing exercises, yoga and relaxation exercises and other self-care and stress resilience practices.
These sessions are for those wanting to take charge of their health and wellbeing and build resilience for optimum health.
For more involved health concerns a full Nutrition & Wellness package is recommended.
Initial session (1 hour and a half) £150
Further sessions (1 hour) £100
Nutrition & Wellness Package
In person or via Zoom
Deep dive into your health concerns and goals looking at nutrition and lifestyle factors including exercise, sleep, stress, relaxation, breathing and emotional health.
PACKAGE INCLUDES 3 CONSULTATIONS:
- INITIAL Consultation (1 hour 15 minutes) to go through your full medical history and a deep dive into how each system of the body is functioning.
- TREATMENT PLAN Consultation (45 minutes via Zoom) – approximately 1-2 weeks after initial consultation to discuss my recommendations.
- FOLLOW UP Consultation (30-45 minutes via Zoom) – approximately 4-6 weeks after second consultation to see how you are getting on and if we need to make any changes to your plan.
- Email support between the consultations.
- Case Analysis and Research of the detailed health assessment and diet diary forms that you will be asked to complete prior to your consultation.
Recommendations of additional functional testing may be given (where appropriate) and I will interpret the results to discuss at one of our follow up appointments.
These prices include my professional time before and after our appointments spent conducting research around your case and writing your personalised plans.
Personalised Nutritional Therapy
Many of us lack the basic raw materials from our food and drink to function at our best. Intensive farming, pollution, stress, lifestyle, stimulants and an over-reliance on processed foods are just some of the reasons for us being deficient in vital nutrients.
It is important to understand the basics of healthy eating but also to recognise that foods which can be good for one person may not be good for another. Many of us eat a supposedly ‘healthy’ diet but still suffer with symptoms such as poor digestion, energy slumps, headaches, cravings and reliance on stimulants.
Factors such as impaired digestion, nervous system imbalances (from chronic stress, sleep issues etc.) and toxin exposure (from bacteria, parasites, chemicals etc.) can all impact how we utilise nutrients.
I may recommend laboratory investigations to enable a more targeted approach to your programme. They can also be useful to monitor your progress.
A range of UK medical laboratories are used, including Biolab, Invivo Clinical and Genova Diagnostics.
I will be able to interpret your test results and provide clear, realistic nutrition and lifestyle recommendations.
Please note: the cost of these tests are additional to the consultation costs